You might be able to tell by this post’s title how excited I am about this recipe. It was given to me six years ago by a Toddler classroom assistant on a small piece of scrap paper. Now, it’s time to share it and record it on the interwebs for all posterity.
World’s Best One-Bowl Banana Bread Muffins (can be made dairy-free!!!)
(makes 18 muffins)
- 1 cup of melted butter (or melted coconut oil)
- 2/3 cup of brown sugar (or 1+ cups if you have a sweet tooth, but honestly 2/3 cup is plenty for kids)
- 4 room temperature eggs (you can put them in lukewarm water for a few minutes to warm up)
- 5 very ripe bananas (the riper, the better!)
- 3 tbsp milk (or milk substitute)
- 2 1/2 cups of whole wheat pastry flour (the “pastry” part is really important!!)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup of crumbled nuts (or slivered almonds) – optional
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips – optional (but oh so yummy!!!)
Remember, you ONLY need one mixing bowl!!!
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and line muffin tins with muffin wrappers.
- Measure out the butter (or oil) into the mixing bowl and pop it in the microwave for 30-45 seconds to melt.
- Add the eggs and whisk until combined.
- Add the sugar.
- Add the bananas and mash very thoroughly.
- Add the milk and mix all the wet ingredients together.
- Add the flour, salt, and baking soda. Fold into the wet ingredients.
- Add the optional nuts and chocolate chips and fold in.
- Spoon into muffin wrappers about 2/3 full.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes. Allow to cool in the muffin tins for 10 minutes before removing.
- Enjoy the gooey deliciousness!!!
Note: You an also make a loaf with the same mixture, just bake for 1hr 15min.